Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing or simply EMDR is a technique used by some psychotherapists to treat people who are suffering from psychological distress. According to the research, it is one of the safest and effective therapies for the ones who are experiencing PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). This therapy has gained much prominence in the world after its first hospital was set up in Singapore. Hence, it is worth knowing how people are benefitting from EMDR therapy in Singapore and making their lives better.
EMDR therapy in Singapore
The robust, socially active and prosperous lifestyles of people living in Singapore is an example of how awareness about mental health can create a difference. It is the country with one of the highest life expectancies and lowest mortality rates, after all! No wonder EMDR therapy done in Singapore and its success gets a lot of credit for this. A few conditions where EMDR therapy is needed are- panic disorder, phobias, anger, depression, anxiety, performance anxieties, low self-esteem, abuse, trauma memories, etc.
Anyone getting EMDR therapy in Singapore has to go through a specific set of rules that are a part of the treatment.
Here is how it works-
1. Generally, when one is getting EMDR therapy in Singapore, he can go through both the brief and precise sessions depending on his condition. Each session lasts for about 60 to 90 minutes.
2. Once the assessment is done, he/she is asked a set of questions regarding the concerns and disturbing memories. The doctor asks his patient to follow the slow upright movements of his finger or any object to create a slow hypnotising motion.
3. These hand movements are strong enough to let the patients visit those haunting memories under medical supervision and unburden themselves.
4. After some regular sittings of this therapy, the patient starts becoming comfortable with those memories which lower the pain intensity over time.
How to opt for EMDR therapy In Singapore?
For Singaporeans, every service has been made remarkably easy and so booking an appointment for EMDR therapy is also simple. All you will have to do is go to the right place to get in touch with the EMDR therapist in Singapore. Check out the two different ways to opt for an EMDR therapy-
1. Visit the clinic and fill in the appointment form. Provide all the necessary details and book the appointment as per your requirement.
2. The other option is to give a telephonic call and get your appointment booked. Moreover, many institutes also avail online booking, which is rather more suitable for some people.
However, before you proceed with booking an appointment for an EMDR therapy, you must consider going through a counselling session first. Here, you will get to speak with a professional either by contacting them over the phone or visiting the clinic. Since EMDR therapy is not an aid for every mental condition, you must avoid it if you find your case is not a serious one, which can only be done with the help of an expert in the field.
Moreover, Singapore is just another place that demands an expensive lifestyle. And even if part of the country’s population fails to fulfil it, they always find a way out to live satisfactorily provided they are aware of the emotional needs over the materialistic ones. This is the reason why the country is ranking on top among others when it comes to the happiest nations.
Besides, the cultural factors here are perhaps considered to be more valued than the lifestyle of the people, making the nation unified socially and cheerful as a whole. So, there is no way the country lets down its citizens on some mere materialistic grounds!